Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A little bit of change

I've decided to create a separate blog dedicated to web designing and website building. I figure that I'll keep this blog for personal entries so my thoughts can be more organized. The other blog is http://designsurge.blogspot.com and I will be using that as a showcase for all of the designs I make in the future.

A slight reference to the WWDC that was going on today,
I hope apple brings better news than just another iOS with only
slight differences.
Back to my "personal" stuff, or what I always like to call the daily rendition, I'm finding studying MCATs at home much harder than anticipated. My motivation the past couple of days to read and take notes on rather dull subjects have come to a peak. Just today, I managed to not even complete one entire chapter of notes on chemistry. I've always believed that in order to get the best results in anything, forcing yourself will never expose your true potential, however, I think in my case, I have no choice but to force myself to concentrate and study. If I don't force my self to stay motivated, I won't achieve any results at all. Starting tomorrow, I think a realistic goal for myself is to complete two subjects in MCATs. I figure my originally proposed schedules was insanely restricting and very hard to keep up that intensity.

On a rather different topic, whilst playing volleyball at Miliken recreation center, I was put on a really young team. My team mates were probably in highschool or junior high, but these kids reminded me so much of myself when I was in highschool. A sense of nostalgia rushed over me as I saw their reactions to some big blocks and major kills in the game. The reactions seemed so genuine and full of energy that I kind of miss being back in highschool, with no worries about my future or the daily stresses that seem to plague my mind everyday. As always, I hope tomorrow brings better luck and work ethic. Although, I am looking forward to going back to the YMCA and playing more volleyball, it seems to me that the one thing I look forward to these days is an opportunity to engage in any kind of physical activity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment