Sunday, June 5, 2011

The one person we can always trust

Found this picture on Google images, don't remember what I searched.
Although the saying "we can always trust ourselves" sounds extremely cliche, the meaning behind it is undeniably true. Take for instance the simple pleasure of pain; when our bodies feel hunger, thirst, or exhaust our body will signify our brain by shooting electrical impulses letting us know what is going on. In extension, what I mean is that our bodies will never deceive us, unless we're affected by external stimuli such as drugs or a lack of oxygen, our perception of ourselves is almost always true. The point I'm trying to make is that neglecting our own feeling of our bodies may be more detrimental than what we would expect. From a purely scientific perspective, there is always a reason why we feel a certain way. Sometimes it may be due to environmental effects such as stress, however, a feeling of uneasiness for a prolonged period of time may be sign that an annual doctor checkup is needed. Why I bring this up is the unfortunate case my own mother experienced with constant uneasiness. In her case, she felt slightly uncomfortable for many weeks. Being the paranoid person she already was, she decided to get have a full examination by the doctors. I'll spare you the details of her results, but in summary she found a tumor somewhere in her body. Needless to say, a tumor, no matter what kind is always a bad thing. Thanks to her trust in her senses however, she was able to detect the tumor early and have it taken care of before any harm was done. The overall lesson I've learned after this situation is to always trust myself when it comes to our own physical well being, after all, no one knows our own bodies better than ourselves.

In more relevant news regarding my current situation, I've finally booked my G driver license examination date. If all goes well on June 24th, I won't have to worry about doing another drivers test in my life! I drove on the road today with my driving instructor to brush up basics and go other the testing procedure. According to him, I should be more than fine to pass the examination. In addition to looking forward to hosting my little cousin from China in the months of June, I think I will occupy myself with web designing and MCATs from now until possibly the end of summer,

0 comments:

Post a Comment